What is eduroam?
Eduroam is found widely abroad and you can easily connect to any eduroam connection in the world by using your VMA authentication. If you already have an eduroam connection from another institution or university in your own country you can use that one to connect to eduroam in Iceland. More information at eduroam.is and eduroam.org.
How do I connect to eduroam?
eduroam advanced settings
Here are detailed settings for the eduroam connection. This can be useful if the script we provide does not work. The most common eduroam settings are:
- Authentication: IEEE 802.1X
- Type: TTLS or PEAP
- Tunneled authentication protocol (TTLS or PEAP): MS-CHAPv2
- Certificates: CA public certificate (here you can download the .crt, .cer eða .pem certificate)
- User name:firstname.lastname@example.org (important to include @vma.is) + VMA password
- WLAN SSID: eduroam
- Encryption (WLAN): WPA2/AES
- IP address: DHCP